Friday 22 April 2011

Oh my aching back! 21 April 2011

Just spent the morning in the garden,  now need a very hot shower or bath!  Planted Onions & Shallotts, and Potatoes.   Also moved foxgloves to the shady area next to the fuschia bushes.
Still have to plant more potatoes, peas, garlic and to buy Shetland Neeps.   Running out of room fast.

Potatoes this year are Sante, King Edward and Rooster.   These are all in bags.   I bought those big bags for Peas and Sweet Peas last year from Williamsons but I didn't get a good crop of Peas nor was my Sweet Peas very good - so have used these bags instead for Potatoes.

Onions are Stur BC and Shallotts are Golden Garnet.  Unfortunately I had left these in a plastic bag in the cupboard and some of them had rotted - so only about 10 Shallotts and 40 Onions.

I still have the plot to fill - think I will buy another 2 Potato Bags.  The Co-op and Tescos bags of compost are rubbish but are good for fillers with other compost.

I sowed more seeds yesterday in my greenhouse. The others are all through.

Its our Wedding anniversary today 28 years.    It was a lovely day like this too. I had a broken ankle.

Better get on and enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment