Sunday 9 October 2011

A Sunday Walk

Between showers this morning I decided it was time to get back into my walking again.  Did plenty walking in Edinburgh and again since I have been back been busy in garden so a walk was in order today. Following the NHS Lerwick walks decided to do the North Ness walk and thoroughly enjoyed it - very easy walk but also interesting.   I took some photos as usual.

Spent all morning yesterday and part of the afternoon in the garden.  Picked one of my bags of King Edward Potatoes and have decided to leave the other one for a while yet as the potatoes were a little small.   Cut back the Fuschia bushes - split some plants and  replanted getting rid of the rough bits - no use for anyone.  Still need to lift some more and divide but I will get that done another weekend. 

Will also need to start feeding the birds seed - mind you they are frantically eating today - maybe its the wind - but there were loads of sparrows & starlings actually in the garden on the ground as well as in the bushes catching beasties. I keep looking for any unusual birds but so far nothing as yet.  There is a Sparrow with one white wing tip very unusual - maybe it is a fledgling of the part white sparrow we sometimes see that I believe lives around Helendale at the other side of the town.

Looking forward to dinner tonight - Shetland Lamb, Rooster Potatoes, Carrots, Peas, Onion all grown in my own garden - might even put a garlic clove into the mix.

 At the back of the Toll Clock - Skippiedock
 Mareel - still not finished
 Boats at the Shetland Museum
 The Barrels installeds as a memorial for the Gutters - on the other side is the Poem which I have tried to photograph in order and hope that those not in Shetland will enjoy.    Quite difficult to photograph as a I had to stand right against the wall.








Its a lovely afternoon but very windy.  Snowy  just gone out - he will be glad that order wil be resumed tomorrow and he will be fed at a proper time ( 6.30 am) and not anytime between 7 and 10!  He is quite patient but he does try and waken you up and eventually I usually have to give in. Alarm set back to work.

Been doing some crocheting (still practising) but my cross-stitch has been laid aside as it is white on white at the moment and I need daylight to work with it.  Done some this afternoon.

Have a nice day   Elaine xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment