Sunday 15 April 2012

Seed Sowing and weather

I had a busy day last Monday sowing lots of seeds into trays and placing into the growhouse.  Some of these seeds probably need some heat but fingers crossed.  Well I have no idea what is going to happen now - we have had snow overnight and it is white out there.   I  placed a double layer of fleece over all the trays on Thursday in the growhouse so its in the lap of the gods now as to whether anything will grow.   I had some small King Edward Potatoes which I had left in a bin and they had sprouted so chitted them and put in a grow bag - might get some potatoes.   All the rest of my potatoes are in the spare bedroom in egg holders.I usually plant my potatoes about next weekend but with this snow the ground is not getting a chance to warm up - hope it is better next weekend. The garden is really coming into its own and flourishing - new life is coming up but its not been weather to really get out and tidy up, dig or plant. Part of the garden is still very wet.
Victor's birthday gift a new recliner has arrived so he spent Monday night putting it together, now the fight is on as to whose seat it is Snowy's or Victor's - it is quite funny.  He is currently out terrorising the birds or sunning himself on the bench.


The birds are busy feeding and I assume pairing up too.  I noticed some lovely  courting with the sparrows.  The male lark is singing beautifully in the hill.   I think there are 2 one is further over the other side of the hill. 

There was a Snipe in the hill this morning very early and a Wheatear has been around this week.

Some photos

 The Kitchen worktop used for potting up seeds
 All my seeds in the growhouse - I kept pots from last year and used them rather than special seed trays.  I do have some which I re-used this year but some had to be binned
 On a walk around Clickimin spotted the Swan amongst the Herring Gulls
 A Primrose growing wild in the banks at the back of the Loch
 Victor in his new chair.
 The Surly Bairn - which I won at Gulberwick last Sunday.   I am looking to name her and I think she currently is a Charlotte or Lottie? elaine5140@hotmail.co.uk if any ideas
 Snowy
 A snowy garden this morning
 My pots of Tulips, anemones and daffodils
 Fritelaras and Anemones

Snow in the garden

Loving the new programme on the BBc  'The Voice' .   Reading Rosie Thomas just now the Kashmir Shawl and enjoying it.

Elaine xx





1 comment: