Wednesday 28 December 2011

Status - Amber Alert again!

Wow that was a windy Christmas - pardon the pun nothing to do with the Brussel Sprouts!   We never have any anyway!  A lot of damage around the islands and it seems we are in for another bout of gales tonight.  Boat not sailed tonight.

December been a very busy month with lots of nights out - but I have fingers crossed not once succumbed to a cigarette!   I am proud of myself.   Succumbed to food instead - bang goes the diet and being weighed in next Thursday.  Will just have to cut back as soon as New Year is past - Monday!

Garden seemed to survive okay.  Been out and checked, a few pots had rolled a bit but were still in the garden.    I saw advertised in a magazine today a pop up greenhouse and thought - well that would not survive Shetland's weather. Even the one I had which was weighted down did not survive. Was reading my Gardening Magazine today and Shetland is once again represented - lovely to see and also how hard it is to garden here. Looking forward to the lighter nights and getting out in that garden once again. Wonder what summer we will get this next year?

Lots of bulbs popping up and still some life in the primulas and daisies I planted.  Pansies got a bit of a bashing.  Birds been busy feeding today .

Had some lovely Christmas Presents including a Jewellry Box, Harry Potter DVD set,  books etc and I bought a weather indoor/outdoor station with money I got from my parents.

Snowy not too keen on Turkey but loves his new toys.

Went for a lovely walk around the Loch yesterday - it was nice to get out and get some fresh air and daylight!

My Desktop Garden as made by one of my colleagues.
The real present was a bucket of daffodils

 A extremely relaxed Snowy on Victor's knee.
 Annes shoes as worn by Cathy!
Elaine & Anne
 
 Anne & Cathy


 Victor - Christmas Day
My Jewellry Box

Christmas Dinner - it was delicious but now fed up of Turkey! The crackers are Cat Crackers from the Red Cross.

Catching up with some reading, playing Mahjong on my DS and Crossword Puzzles -being lazy.  Need to get a jigsaw on the go - also need to do some crocheting & cross stitch - haven't done any for ages

Looking forward to the New Year.  Cheers everyone
Elaine
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment